Serves 2 people as a snack
2 cups Canola oil
2 cloves peeled Garlic
1 knob peeled Ginger
1 stick lemon grass finely sliced
2 kaffir lime leaves finely sliced
1 cups Coconut cream
½ cup Chicken Stock
¼ cup Yellow bean paste
2 Tabs Tamarind paste
3 Tabs Fish sauce
1 pinch Roasted red chili pepper powder
1 Tabs Palm sugar
1 Lb. Ground chicken meat
1. Pound ginger & garlic in a motor & pestle to a fine paste. Using 2 Tabs of the canola oil sauté the ginger and garlic till golden.
2. Add the ground chicken meat and cook stirring frequently till broken up.
3. Stir in the coconut cream, chicken stock and season with the yellow bean paste, roasted red chilli pepper powder, sugar & fish sauce stirring continuously until all the chicken is cooked & not lumpy. When all is combined check the seasoning.
4. Finish with the tamarind this should balance the flavours, sweet sour salty & slightly hot.
Assembly of Dish:
• In a small wok heat the 500ml of canola oil.
• Fry the cassava crackers until puffed golden & crisp.
• Place the crackers on absorbent paper set aside.
• In a small bowl serve the warm coconut chicken (LP nacho sauce).
• Place cassava crackers beside the bowl on a serving plate and garnish with some cilantro, finally sliced lemon grass & Kaffir lime leaf.
• Enjoy with a cold beer!